Look here to find out, where I am in the world today, what I'm up to, and what's on my mind. Whatever is only relevant to Danes will be in Danish. Other stuff I'll post in English.

09 December, 2005

Drinks abound in Cheshire


Right now I am in Liverpool, writing from the Library. I took this photo yesterday that you really should see!

My friend John and I took a trip to Chester, which is about 40 minutes away from Liverpool by train. Chester dates way back, and even has roman remains to offer, if you are into that kind of thing. It is very much "Old England" with many many Tudor Style houses and a very nice atmosphere. We had a nice day there and made it our mission to try some of the local beer, before we headed back to Liverpool.

At "Dutton's" we had a glass of J.W. Lee's "Plumb Pudding"; a smooth christmassy drink. Nice, but nothing spectacular! But that beer is from Manchester, so it wasn't really local, but fortunately I spotted a very nice pub just before we had to give up, because we were actually almost back at the railway station to go back. "The Old Harker's Arms"is right by the Chester canal, and has great selection of beers and nice food.

We opted for the beer though, and this was where we found "Weedwoods Bitter" - the local brew. That was nice and our mission had been accompliced :-)

Later that night, we went to a spectacular pub in Liverpool called "The Philharmonic", where I took this super photo of John with a cigar in one hand and a double MACALLAN in the other. What a gentleman's moment!

We had a great day (and my time at the library is running out). I hope to tell more soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home